Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Day Off

Dara Single Songwriter @ Open Mike night Legal...Image by The Bazddha via Flickr

Part of me feels like I didn't get enough done today, even though I was able to finish a couple loads of laundry before hosting game night. I guess it is just because I didn't work on any music, which is a rarity for me lately. I also never got around to calling some people I have been meaning to call.

I will probably still pick up the guitar for a few minutes here before I go to bed, so I guess it's not a total loss. Yesterday, I had a fun practice. Instead of my usual drills and video lessons, I just picked up my guitar and jammed, playing whatever I felt like playing. I feel like you need to do this every once in a while. After all, this is why we really play the guitar isn't it? To have fun. It is good to take the chops I have been working so hard on, and just let loose and have fun. Grab my processor, and dial up some effects I don't usually use. This is also a great way to help break a song writing rut too. I came up with some really fun stuff last night that I can't wait to record. I will probably record this one riff tonight before I go to bed.

As for the people I was meaning to call, well, it's to late for that now, that will have to wait. Maybe I will just send out a couple of texts. Well, times a wasting, time to go pick up my guitar.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment