Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Temper Tantrum Over

fix shit upImage by only alice via Flickr

Okay, so I have had a chance to cool off a little bit now since my last post, and I am in a bit better mood. I am still frustrated with the current rut I feel Paul and I are in with getting this band going, but I am going to retract some of what I said yesterday, and re-affirm my commitment to making this project work. I now realize that I need to work on my self a little before I can be successful with this project.

First and foremost, I need to stop blowing money on stupid shit, and get my finances in order. If that means I have to give up going out and buying drinks, or eating out at restaurants, then so be it. If that means that I have to live on rice for a while, fine. I just need to get my bills caught up, get my fines paid off, and get my car back on the road. Having reliable transportation is paramount to my success in the music business at this point.

I also need to buckle down with my individual practice as well. I have been making strides in the right direction, but I am still not where I would like to be in terms of practice discipline. I need to figure out an appropriate number of hours a day I should be practicing, and stick to it. By doing these things, I can make my self a better musician, and therefore, make the band better.

No comments:

Post a Comment